I’m on my way now to catch a flight to Vietnam. I’ll be there to conduct a training to the users. This isn’t my first time to Ho Chi Minh so the excitement isn’t as high as my first.
Like many other trips, the jubilation of visiting the same place fades. But let me share some tips on how to make your not-the-first-time trip delightful:
1. Think of the free food and unlimited drinks in the plane! Free flow of wine, cocktail drinks, soda or just plain fruit juice.
2. Enjoy the good customer service of the stewardess/stewards.
3. Set a goal to visit at least one place in the country, some place that you’re curious in or you have interest with.
4. Take at least one photo of the airport. You’ll never know if this is going to be your last.
5. Experience the culture and lifestyle of the people.
6. Salivate on the local cuisine.
7. Think of the free hotel and extra money from the overseas allowance.
8. Imagine the free roundtrip ticket to your hometown after accumulating the mileages. 🙂
21 June 2012 Updated: 9. Look for a spa and go for a massage before flying back. Everybody deserves some pampering. In the HCM airport, there’s one Foot SPA that can be found in the second floor. Read my post about this spa.
Samuel Johnson puts this experience in a better phrase:
All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it.